Welcome to episode 599 of the Carnival of Space, hosted here at the home of the Urban Astronomer Podcast. Every week, the carnival chooses a new website to host a collection of space science and astronomy articles. And every week, a quick visit to the carnival will bring you up to date.
Podcast listeners should prepare themselves after reading these updates: Not only will we soon be publishing the last of the ScopeX lectures, we’ll also be recording a special feature episode with the crew from Awesome Astronomy. They predicted that the Opportunity rover would not recover from the Martian winter, while Clem and I hoped that it would. Words were exchanged, bets were made, and now we have to face the music. There will be unbearable amounts of gloating. Don’t miss it!
- Want to Move to Mars? A Round-Trip Ticket Will Only Cost $100,000 According to Elon Musk
- Here’s a Clever idea. Build Moon Bases in Craters and then Fill them in with Lunar Regolith
- Thanks to Gaia, We Now Know Exactly When We’ll be Colliding with Andromeda
- New Horizons took this shot of MU69 as it sped away from its encounter
- New SpaceX Raptor Engine Beats the Chamber Pressure of Russia’s RD-180 Engine, According to Elon Musk
- This is Kepler’s Final Image
Chandra X-ray Telescope
- Seven White Dwarfs
- Tilted Exoplanets
- Variables Found in White Dwarf Survey
- Chemical Make-up of Eclipsing Binary Systems
- Big Bad Binaries and Other X-ray Sources